Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Attack Of the Mailmam

The trouble with working at the post office is that they give you impossible orders. One fine day I delivered my route and they wanted me to deliver packages on someone else's route. I had five packages left and I called in and asked if they wanted me to come back on time or deliver the packages and go into overtime. The station manager answered the phone and said she wanted me to deliver the packages and be back on time. This was totally impossible to do as I had explained but they say such idiotic things. So, I stayed out and delivered the packages and was 20 minutes late getting back. She never said anything. What are you supposed to do when people are so ignorant? You can not do two things at once, it's an either or question. I guess she just did not want to make a decision but leave it up to me. Why is she there and why did I waste my time calling her? We weren't supposed to take cell phones but I took mine for emergencies. You can't always find a phone or a bathroom on your route. Especially on a walking route which I had but used a truck a lot of times.

No comments: