Monday, August 25, 2008

Attack of the British Postman


From The London St. Martin's-le-Grand. A Postman was assaulted while on duty and was laid up in consequence. The following is taken from his letter of explanation: "One of them threw the core of an apple at me which hit me in the ear; I took no notice of that, and walked on, and then they threw their hats at me.

So I picked up one of the hats and threw it back. Then they started throwing small stones at me. As I was ducking and dodging , I kept shouting out why were they attacking me. They said because it was my fault they were getting all these tax collection letters. As they were telling me this one huge rock stone hit me on my right cheek.

It is this reason you see me lying here today.

Man, being a postal employee in any country is no fun

No comments: