Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Post Office and Dog Attacks Part 2


The trip to the urgent care indicated a bite on my nose. Apparently they were going for the throat. I must tell you at the time I was walking many miles a day and after work I worked out with a personal trainer. I also started training my first client. I was in excellent shape and could lift good weight for a woman. Toning not body building. As you know if you carry mail or if not I will tell you. On my left shoulder was a full bag of mail as I had just left a relay box. On my left forearm were my flats, (magazines and catalogs), and in my left hand was the mail for that street. Now, in my right hand I have the mail ready for the next house, because if you don't have it ready you will never complete you route. I walked straight to the next driveway and it was a sideways house duplex with a fence blocking just a bit of the view of the left side of the driveway. The dogs are not usually out and if so I skip the home but this time the dogs were up against the fence on the side I was comming from. I was too close by the time I saw them. You can imagine with all that mail I could not get to my spray in time and backed away into the previous yard. The mail went everywhere when they knocked me down and my worse nightmare started. The bag landed on my body and protected me, I screamed and flailed my arms and kept myself from serious injury. I truly believe it was my being in good shape and the bag on me. The owner finally came out to see what the noise was and got her dogs. I will never forget being on the ground at the mercy of two Pit Bulls. When I thought "God Why Me", I thought of the children who play in the street there and the old ladies that walk to the store, that answered my own question. Next Post some of the shocking aftermath! Love that Postal system!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog, interesting content. I love the layout. Come visit my blog sometime at: http://eliaszionswatchman.blogspot.com.