Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Post Office and Dog Attacks Part 7


After the trial, there was a quite time for about a month. Then I got a call from personnel inviting me to a meeting with the big wigs in the local postal area. I found out later it was their version of a trial. The people in attendance included my station manager, my stupervisor, my union rep, and the Local union President. They would not let my husband in, and he was my witness. All they did was ask me what my side of the story was and send me out. They sent me a letter saying I had been found guilty at step one and it was being sent on to step two. The station manager and Postmaster of Norfolk were step one, what a surprise !!!!!!!!!
At step two they could not make a decision based on the evidence. The union called me and said that if I agree to apply for disability retirement they would quit persuing it (me). So, I applied and was approved by Social Security and Civil Service. Then the Union had to negotiate with the Post Office that they would seal the records unless I ever apply to work at the Post Office again LOL !!! That was in about 2000, I have not left the house without someone with me for all those years. I am afraid of most dogs, don't trust people, and take at least 6 different medications per day. I have Post Traumatic Stress and now I'm Bi-Polar. No damage there.
The thing is it started with the dog attacks and was intensified by humans (if you can call them human). They should have helped me and cared about me but instead they tortued me and tried to screw me over. I hung in there and showed them you can't always push the little guy around. I had to buy my 10 years in the Navy in to the Post Office and I had just made the last payments or else I would have lost that time for my retirement at 62. At 62 I will fully retire with this time counting toward my time in service. I am already past early retirment age so they can't screw me anymore, I think. I am also a Disabled Veteran. Never think "Hey, I'd like to work for the Post Office, they pay well!" Not unless you want a job that make you feel like an E-1 in the Military for the first 15 years. And contiplate throwing yourself in front of a moving car to stop the craziness.

No comments: