Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mail Truck in Tropical Storm Flood This Could Be ME

This is footage from the flooded streets of Palm Bay, Florida. It was shot on Jupiter blvd at approx. 3pm, Wed, Aug 20th, 2008. When I worked for the Post Office We never got a day off during a Hurricane, but they told us not to drive thru deep water because you don't know what is in it. I had severe flooding on my route and they wanted me to deliver the mail walking door to door on a walking route in waist high water. Of Course I did not, The stupervisors good idea , but I probably would have gotten written up for doing it or driving through deep water. You are dammed if you do or dammed if you don't at the USPS That should be their slogan.


1 comment:

Dr. Annmarie Edwards said...

Delivering mail can be a challenge. You're right you've to choose what to do in critical times. Nice blog.